In 2007, CMAC Mining Group entered into a partnership with Thyssen Mining, a leading North American mining contractor and world leader in shaft sinking. CMAC-THYSSEN was formed. CMAC-THYSSEN has the expertise, manpower and necessary equipment to accomplish all the operations related to the development and successful running of a mining operation. The company has also developed, through the years, an expertise in taking on major civil engineering projects, such as subway tunnels and the excavation of hydro-electric power stations.
To be a recognized, world-class general mining contractor due to the excellence and precision of its operations, offering an integrated turnkey-style service. To be considered a leader in the profession.
Respect is a priority at CMAC-THYSSEN Mining Group and is an integral component in the company's policies:
Respect for strict norms in the area of environment protection by adopting safe operating methods and equipment
Respect of our employees and their quality of life
Respect for the needs of clients by providing rapid and efficient service through the total participation of the employees and in respecting our mission.
Throughout divisions of CMAC-THYSSEN Mining Group, the following equipment is available:
- Long hole drilling jumbos - electric, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Face drilling jumbos - electric, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Scooptrams from 3.5 yards to 8 yards
- Underground haulage trucks - 15 and 26 tons
- Surface haulage trucks and front-end loaders
- Utility vehicles - scissor lifts, crane trucks, tractors, service vehicles
- Track equipments - locos, muck machines, cars
- Alimak and Alicab climbers - air and diesel driven
- Shaft sinking equipment - hoist, cryderman clam
- Compressors - electric and diesel
- Various small equipment - concrete pumps, grout pumps, shortcrete pumps, winches
The company owns efficient and safe equipment designed to undertake drilling operations. The advantages of doing business with CMAC-THYSSEN are noteworthy:
- Access to a team of experts who have more than 100 years of experience in the field of long hole drilling
- Certified employees who hold the Modular Training Card (Quebec, Canada) and the Common Core Card (Ontario, Canada)
- Quality control and operations accomplished in a fast, safe and efficient manner
- Highly specialized equipment with high precision equipment (laser)
- Very competitive prices
- Production drilling and blasting
- Blasting and drilling of inverse raises (up to 65 feet) and drop raises (up to 100 feet)
- Drilling, installation, and cementing of anchoring cables
- Service hole drilling - 2” to 6” in diameter up to 100 feet in length, using a percussive pneumatic drill
- Service hole drilling - 2” to 12” in diameter up to 400 feet in length, using a hydraulic drill
- Down-the-hole drilling - 4” to 8” in diameter
- Installation of cable anchoring in raises
- Training in all aspects of mining operations
CMAC-THYSSEN is the only mining contractor to give a 100% warranty on the majority of its work involving drilling, long-holes and raises. We put the emphasis on the quality of the services we provide and are continually improving the methods and procedures we employ.
CMAC-THYSSEN excavates rock in all directions and of all dimensions:
- From the top to the bottom (shafts)
- From the bottom to the top (raises)
- Horizontally (tunnels and drifts)
- Stopes and ramps
- Bulk and loose work, open pit and stope
CMAC-THYSSEN makes and installs infrastructures at ground level and underground. Some installations are contiguous to rock walls such as shaft collars, manways, chutes, conveyors and control chains. Other types of infrastructure are related to building and fixed equipment such as headframes,
hoists, compressors and permanent pumping systems.
Forming, pouring and shooting concrete, as well as line-raising with steel, making bulkheads, and supporting the ground are also activities which the CMAC-THYSSEN team is able to masterfully handle.
We offer raise boring services, vertical and inclined from 0.6 m to 4.88 m in diameter.
This service is offered with the participation of our partner, Thyssen Mining Construction of Canada, situated in Regina, SK, providing raise boring services to the mining and civil construction industries since 1976.
CMAC-THYSSEN builds and sells mining equipment and spare parts. It is also involved in mining research-and-development in cooperation with partially government owned organizations such as CNRC and CANMET.
For more information on CMAC-Thyssen, please visit their website at: